The Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture competition has announced the topics for this year’s participants:
– Does supply management belong in Canadian agriculture?
– A national food policy: challenges and opportunities for Canada
– The main things people need to know about farming today are…
– Here are farmers’ biggest opportunities
– The importance of water for agriculture and globalization
The 2012 competition takes place Saturday, November 3 at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in Toronto, Ontario. Participants in two age categories, from 11-24 years old, are invited to prepare and present five- to seven minute speeches in English or French.
For more information check http://www.cysa-joca.ca.