Several efforts underway by farm journalists and communications professionals in North America and Europe to help their colleagues in Japan were revealed this week.
In North America, the American Agricultural Editors’ Association catalyzed 10 agricultural journalism, communications and marketing organizations to team up to support relief efforts. The 10 are:
- Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow
- Agricultural Media Summit LLC
- Agricultural Relations Council
- American Agricultural Editors’ Association
- American Business Media Agri-Council
- Canadian Farm Writers Federation
- Livestock Publications Council
- National Agri-Marketing Association
- National Association of Farm Broadcasting
- North American Agricultural Journalists
Elsewhere, aid efforts are also occurring in Germany, Austria, The Netherlands and the UK. Some of these initiatives are highlighted in the new edition of IFAJ News.